The market town of Alvaiázere is a municipal town in Central Portugal. The population of Alvaiázere is a little over 7,000 at the last count which was carried out in 2011. The annual holiday is June 13. The current president of Alvaiázere is Célia Margarida Gomes Marques, she is a member of the Social Democratic Party. (PSD) Alvaiázere consists of five parishes.
- Maçãs de Dona Maria
The municipality is bordered in the following way.
- To the north, the municipality of Ansião
- To the east/northeast, the municipality of Figueiró dos Vinhos
- To the south-east, the municipality of Ferreira do Zêzere.
- To the south-west, the municipality of Ourém
- To the west, the municipality of Pombal
The town itself boasts an impressive range of facilities;
- Creche this is heavily subsidised and the cost to working parents starts at around €50 per month.
- Schools from preschool (which was brand new in 2015) right the way through to secondary school. The schools are all modern and well equipped.
- Swimming pools indoor and outdoor, these pools are municipal and very affordable.
Therea café and restaurant on-site, also offering excellent value for money. is
- The cultural centre is a small theatre where many small productions mostly by children are hosted, it can also be used for any cultural event you wish to put on. Drama, music etc.
- Gymnasium, there is a municipal indoor facility for 5 a side football, basketball, tennis etc. There are also tennis courts at the back of the gymnasium. Municipal sports stadium, this fabulous facility includes a full-sized astroturf football field and a 400-meter running track. It is the home of Alvaiázere football club, Alvaiázere Athletics Club.
- Other sports are also permitted here and in fact, even Cricket found its way into the Alvaiázere municipal sports stadium, with the recently formed Amigos Cricket Club.
- The stadium has a full array of floodlights, making nighttime games of all sorts available. There is a
fullygymnasium, with all of the multi-gym equipment you could want, this is situated above the grandstand. Changing rooms, showers and even a bar area are all provided. kitted
Supermarkets of which there are three, provide pretty much everything you need for day to day living.
A variety of other shops also thrive in Alvaiazere including:
- hardware shops
- dry cleaners
- paint shop
- fruit and veg
- paper shop
- computer shop
- electrical shop
There are a number of cafes and bars in Alvaiázere and a couple of restaurants, there is currently only one hotel in the town itself, though other accommodation can be found with only a short drive.
A municipal library is well kitted with free access to the internet available on their computers.
The Alvaiázere museum gives an insight into the history of the town and how it has evolved into what it is today.
Click the link to find Property for sale in Alvaiázere